One of the most alarming facts about your kitchen is that it is one of the dirtiest parts of your house. This is because germs live in moist places and your kitchen is definitely the number one candidate. Since all the cooking is done in the kitchen, it is an ultimate necessity to not just keep your kitchen organized and clean but also sanitized to its deepest corners.
There are a lot of commercial kitchen cleaners that we can find in the market. A lot of these are effective but at the same time are based on strong smelling chemicals that may be too harsh for some. For those who do not like using these chemical based – commercial produced kitchen cleaners, there are several kitchen hacks that are just as effective. These home remedies are definitely considered safer and are easy to make.
Here are 5 home remedies to sanitize your kitchen:
- Vinegar: You can use vinegar for cleaning kitchen sinks and your refrigerator’s freezer. Mix 1 cup of water, 1 teaspoon white vinegar and 1 teaspoon dish soap in a spray bottle. Vinegar may also be used to remove soap traces when mopping. Just add a few drops and you’re good to go.
- Lemon juice – Ever get pissed off when sauces are spilled on your counter-top or cabinet and the stain never seem to wipe off? Well worry no more as a few drops of lemon juice will do the trick. Simply leave the lemon juice on the stain for about 30 minutes. Sprinkle some baking soda on the rough side of an all-purpose kitchen sponge and wipe and scrub off the stained spot. It will not only wipe off the stain but it will also make your kitchen smell better.
- Bleach and detergent – Frying and sauteing can create black marks on your kitchen walls. With just mere wiping, these black marks are hard to clean off. Mix 4 liters of water, a half cup of chlorine bleach and 1.5 tablespoon of your favorite detergent.
- Baking soda – Another kitchen problem is a clogged drain. Although you can try commercial drain cleaners, it is still safer to stick with these home remedies as they are cheaper and are not chemical based. Pour a half cup of baking soda and a half cup of white vinegar to your clogged drain. Cover the drain to let the mixture get rids of the grease. After a few minutes, flush it with warm water. Do not try this mixture after using a commercial drain cleaner as it may create a dangerous fume when mixed with vinegar.
- Rubbing alcohol – Another kitchen hack for stained walls and spots is the mixture of rubbing alcohol and vinegar. Mix 1 cup of rubbing alcohol, 1 tablespoon white vinegar and 1 cup water in a spray bottle to clean kitchen surfaces like chrome and tiles.
Whenever you don’t sanitize, germs will always find its way to your food. Never leave a spot when cleaning as germs multiply by the second. Take also into consideration that all these home remedies are easy to make so there is no reason for you not to sanitize your kitchen on a regular basis.